Freitag, 16. September 2011

Combatting the challenges of new employment through forgiveness

So I officially started my new job now and I'm learning sooooo much about the different ways people manage their staff and run their businesses. I'm having a bit of a hard time adjusting the different working methods and sometimes I have to really (really) keep myself in check and try to not let my ego get caught up in the fight for wanting to be right rather than happy. 

Even though the past few days have been very exhausting (especially mentally) I try to see stay detached from the context of arising problems and dynamics between colleagues and focus on the only thing that is truly real - LOVE. But it is so damn hard. It's so hard not to take things personal, not to feel useless if basically all you do is not done the right way, if you been told to do 10 things at once and then get ...well lets lovingly call it 'constructive' feedback. I really try to keep breathing and to remember that I'm still new, I'm experiencing very different working ethics and morals and managerial skills than what i'm used to (and I so appreciate my previous managers, they were just the best) and I'm learning, learning, learning.

So the main chunk of forgiveness that I want to send out is towards me and remind myself that I am very hard-working, useful and valuable and that it is ok to make mistakes. oh and it is ok to ask, even if it is the same question twice (or 3 times). And i also want to remind myself of seeing the innocence behind people's behaviour and remember that it is either an act of love or a cry for love and that everyone has their own struggles. And breath. 

Ok, so that filled my love and compassion tank up again and hopefully will supply my with everything I need to be the best person I can be tomorrow at work....... 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen