Sonntag, 28. August 2011

The meaninglessness of Time and Space.


I don't know if that comes as a surprise for some people but guys, let me tell you, there really is no meaning in time and space. Seriously, there isn't. I don't know if anyone ever had the experience of meeting someone who you haven't seen in years and but you straight away feel connected again? Or you've met someone for the very first time and you feel like you've known this person forever?

I'm having a lot of these experiences recently - and they are frigging magical. People coming into my life who I have 'known' for over a decade (Gosh, that makes me sound sooooo old and I'm not even 30 yet...) and never actually really 'knew'. Never had real conversations with them, a lot of chatting and talking yes, but real conversations? Hardly. 

What happens during all this time we spent apart. I was convinced that its only ME who is growing up and developing and obviously everyone else is still doing their own little shitty things that they've done before. No adventures, no exploration, no curiosity...boring, mundane lives.

And then, I meet with them again and am struck by their insights and growth. It feels like I'm actually meeting this person for the very first time. We are having conversations. Real conversations about ourselves, our struggles, adventures, vulnerabilities and blissfulness. We are forming a bond not based on time or space but on heart to heart conversations.

What a gift comes from being open and curious, from really meeting people and sharing oneself with others. I'm blessed with incredible people from my life and grateful for every single person who has been in my life, is in my life and who is yet to come.

....And I shall let them know about it. Right now  :-)  

1 Kommentar:

  1. Guten morgen Anni!

    I'm so happy to read your lovely words this morning. They are a soothing balm to my stressed out mind which believes it must rush everywhere. Today, I commit to slowness and aLifeness - to riding my bike with my mighty companion; to knowing that whenever we meet again, it will be as if no time has passed; to being present, here, now, in the only time and space that matters - this very moment.

    Love,
    Elloa xx

    AntwortenLöschen